Brushy Creek

handline1

Brushy Creek

Post by handline1 »

Update on the bite and ice.
Fishing was fair for myself, but the fish are not slabs. fish are from just 9 inches to 10.25. I know that there are bigger fish in there, but there is on hell of a year class of 9 inches. The lake is full of them. The future is good for crappies at brushy creek.

Now the future of the ice at brushy is not good. I measured 12 inches where I drilled holes.There are people driving out there with full size truck pulling wheel houses. I had my quad out there as well as other many other quads running around. But there is open water in a least three places just south of the north ramp. These spots are 40 to 60 feet across and by the trees. There is a lot of areas by the bigger trees that have refroze and the ice is very thin in those spots. The north ramp is going fast also. The area in front of the ramp is bad. I dropped the tires in a little bite as we came off the ice and there is a spot in the middle of the ramp where it has refroze from someone else dropping in. There is a twenty foot area just to the right of the ramp that has refroze to watch out also. With the warmer temps for next week it could go fast. I don't want to take a ice cold bath for a 9 inch crappie!
MV