Cedar River fishing

wingding

Cedar River fishing

Post by wingding »

Cedar River boat ramps are hard to do. But if willing to push and shove a smaller boat it can be done. Darrell(the white bearded one) and I set out on a get on the river anywhere! Wlo at hakett road doable but hard to get back out. Waverly is doable also but hard to get back out. Didn't get to Shell Rock but heard it was producing also.Got some nice walleyes for our effort. Got pictures and will post later when I figure it out. Got to thank Darrell for a great day! I deserved the guide service buddy!!!!!
obd6
Site Admin

Re: Cedar River fishing

Post by obd6 »

Here are the pictures
Attachments
DSC00075.jpg
DSC00075.jpg (13.83 KiB) Viewed 3357 times
DSC00076.jpg
DSC00076.jpg (8.78 KiB) Viewed 3357 times
TONY TIGER

Post by TONY TIGER »

DON'T LOOK LIKE HAKETT RD TO ME :lol: WHO GOT THE $$$$$$? NICE FISH :mrgreen: LOOKS LIKE IT'S BETTER THAN THE MISS.
TIGER
jighead-two

Post by jighead-two »

Looks like the same two old guys I saw last fall on the river. Couple of crotchetty old farts! They BOTH have different trucks than last year but I think I'd know 'em if I saw 'em.
Brad

Post by Brad »

Nice lookin fish guys!
centerpointglasseye

Post by centerpointglasseye »

nice fish fellas!!!! im jealous. what are they hitting on?
obd6
Site Admin

Post by obd6 »

It was pretty amazing we caught most of them on a hook.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But seriously we caught them on chartuse ring worms or twisters, we had minnows
but they did not want them.
centerpointglasseye

Post by centerpointglasseye »

where do you get these HOOKS you speak of? good ol fashion DYNOMITE works for me!! Its weird how a walleyes preference changes from spring to spring and fall to fall on the river. The many articles i read about walleye fishin say to do "this at this time" and throw "this lure" a different time, but i seems most of the articles are geared towards big basin fishing, so when it comes to river fishing i throw all that stuff on the back burner and think way outside the box to put more fish on my stringer. just when i think i got em figured out the crafty cedar throws another curve ball at me and all i can do is make sure my gas tank is full, plenty of bait, beer, and paitence and i usually get into some nice ones. my brother and dad were giving me grief last year because my girlfriend and i were fishing in spots that everyone overlooks, but we were catching lots of the crafty fish. next to a twig under a little shade tree in two foot of water or on a 6 inch drop off you can only feel with your jig. it wasnt always the deepest holes everyone knows about, in fact those holes rarely produced for me last year. i love seeing local guys holding up some awesome eyes on the same river as the one i fish. Rock on fellas, keep using HOOKS, its gonna be a great year.

alex