Spirit Lake

obd6
Site Admin

Spirit Lake

Post by obd6 »

We had a Great time at Spirit, caught enough perch to keep things interesting.
Got plenty of exercise pushing out stuck trucks.
Did not win any prizes like Blackbird,did take a little money from a couple of
guys on fishing bets and card games.
spirit lake 002.JPG
spirit lake 002.JPG (140.26 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
spirit lake 004.JPG
spirit lake 004.JPG (150.61 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
spirit lake 003.JPG
spirit lake 003.JPG (141.98 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
spirit lake 006.JPG
spirit lake 006.JPG (148.53 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
spirit lake 001.JPG
spirit lake 001.JPG (155.49 KiB) Viewed 1476 times
Limit

Re: Spirit Lake

Post by Limit »

What a great weekend! Best quality perch fishing I have ever experienced hands down. Quality fish and plenty of them if you were fishing the right areas and using the right presentation! On Saturday around noon after a day and a half of tough fishing we were debating about leaving the perch on Spirit for some bluegill fishing on Okoboji and Sunday morning to Clear Lake for yellow bass. The majority of club members were fishing the east side of the lake so we decided to join them and give it another couple hours. After talking with Dave Asche who gave us a tip on bait presentation the light switch turned on. From noon till sunset we caught twice as many fish as we did all of Friday and Saturday morning and the quality was "Jumbo Perch". New location and new presentation turned our trip from a dud to a stud! Also, there is a picture floating around somewhere of my truck and I can't explain it. I don't know how it happened, but all I know is we were only going 10-15 mph and there were a lot of pheasants to look at, which is a strange sight for us NE Iowa guys. I'm sure it will pop up somewhere.

Kyle