Brinker Lake Saturday

handline1

Brinker Lake Saturday

Post by handline1 »

Made a run out to Brinker to pass the time while on call and stuck in town. I have been unable to troll on the river becauce of the weeds. So I needed to get a shake down cruise on some new items I have for trolling. I have got a pair of new trolling rods and I needed to see how they work. Well they run good, but was unable to see how a walleye feels on one of them. I trolled for two plus hours with nada!
Went bass fishing for a bit and it was slow also. I know what you are going to say about me bass fishing, but it's a great way to keep you in top fishing form!
Went Crappie fishing next and Bingo! That place is loaded with Crappies. One after another as fast as you can go. I had a ball pulling them in and if you have kids that would be a great place to go. Everywhere you go you can catch them, just watch you fish finder and fish the suspended fish. North side of Island and all around island, around bridge piers, south shore across from ramp, far East side in deeper water by bike trail point where all loaded with Crappies. Anything white was working and about nine to eleven feet down. You can cast, troll, bobber, or dead stick over the side. They where hitting anyway you put in front of there face. Size it the way under par for that lake as most fish where only 5 to 7 inches. I did catch one monster that I laided on the tape and she brushed 9.25 inches, a true giant for the day!
I hope come fall and colder water temp the bigger Crappies show up out there. I will wait and see and can say all the high water has made a massive 5 to 7 inch Crappie year class from 2008.
M.V.
dbonwell

Re: Brinker Lake Saturday

Post by dbonwell »

Hit Brinker today 8/18 with Flamingo Greg. Started the day with Ruby putting me on a drum then 3 more Crappies, Greg 0! After weeks of bashing Ruby's name the boat just wasn't going to let Flamingo Greg pick up a fish. After explaing to Flamingo Greg that Ruby was still upset with him, he got down on his knees and gave Ruby a big hug and said I'm sorry. Very soon after Greg caught a crappie. I did catch a small 8" inch walleye also. It kinda looked branded, a little father back on the body. In case you haven't figured it out or don't know Ruby is my new boat. DB
Your life consists of two dates and a dash, make the most of the dash!