2015 Tournament Ideas

Limit

2015 Tournament Ideas

Post by Limit »

We will b having our year end Tournament Board meeting next week. Please post any ideas on any rules changes and/or locations u would like to c in 2015. As well any concerns u want the tournament board to b aware of. Or call, text, email me.

Kyle
319-215-7877
colbertkyle@hotmail.com
Camodog

Re: 2015 Tournament Ideas

Post by Camodog »

How about a pool 9 next year in May or June.. Lots and Lots of big walleyes caught at that time of year.

Clear Lake early or late when the fish are actually biting....

Red wing was good.

Lake Mcbride could have been really good with the right weather...Maybe real early....

Pool 9 for the championship like it always use to be.....Everyone catches fish and has fun...
I am partial to Pool 9 as I think many other guys know the pool and can do well too..

I believe that the tourneys should try to be held when the fishing is the best on that specific body of water....More fish caught better tourney for all...Not much into the theory of the best fisherman stand out when the fishing is the toughest...No fun having 8 teams catch fish and 8-10 not catching any.....I always thought the club environment was to:
1---have fun
2---catch fish
3---comradery
4---have fun
5---catch fish
HookedUp1

Post by HookedUp1 »

How about an all Mississippi River Tournament in 2015. Start in Bellevue or Sabula and work up river?

Bellevue (south) or Sabula in March (I believe there is a slot below Dubuque 20"-27" with one over 27")
Dubuque in April
Gutenberg in May
Mc Greggor in Sept
Lansing in Oct
Last edited by HookedUp1 on October 22nd, 2014, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ranger10

Post by ranger10 »

I think there is already a club that only fishes the Mississippi for all of their tourneys. (http://www.mississippiwalleye.com/) :D

In all seriousness, I think two on the river would be good again. We could also try Coralville (not really sure if there are walleye there, I have yet to see one), go back to Storm Lake, or maybe have one on the Cedar.
Chase Freidig
200lund

Post by 200lund »

For your info.. in the fall Clear lake tournament held on oct. 5 the winning weight was over 13lbs and they had 22 boats. This is there best turn out and best weight for the fall tournament so I would say they will keep there fall tournament in oct. next year. The spring tournament will probable be may 16-17 sam
Limit

Post by Limit »

Great Ideas!!! Keep them coming!

Kyle
TaylorSteffens

Post by TaylorSteffens »

The Macbride tournament couldv'e been a lot better if we didn't have 20-25mph winds. We were there on Mother's day a few weeks later and all had limits in a couple hours. Our best 5 that day would have easily been 12-13lbs. It usually has a pretty good bite in April-May.

I would like to keep 3 river tournaments, don't care where at as long as they're all different.

I don't want to fish Clear in September again, tough bite. Ice out until May would be decent or late fall.

Also wouldn't mind a tournament on West O or Spirit, or a different lake in western Ia.

Are we limited to 5 events? Maybe we could have close to last years schedule and add one in the Iowa great lakes area? just a thought

Coralville would probably be tough. There are some nice walleyes in there but it has been spotty for us. You can usually catch a few early spring, and there is a great bite on flooded roadbeds if the water is high in the summer but that is about it. Catch some occasionally while fishing for crappies.
obd6
Site Admin

Post by obd6 »

All five on the river sounds good to me.
Bring back the Multi-Species it was always a good time, at Harper's Ferry.
200lund

Post by 200lund »

march/april-- river
may 9 mc bride
sept.------ river
oct 3 -- river
oct 17 -- clear lake

This will give you prime time on the lakes plus keep us away from the weeds in the fall.. we can still call the oct 3 tournament the championship tournament but you will have to still fish claer lake to win team of the year and get your final points.
dbonwell

Post by dbonwell »

I just want to fish at a place where everyone has a chance to get 5 decent fish. It's not much fun for anybody when the top team gets 3, second gets 2, third gets one and everyone else gets a zero. The abundance of walleyes would be a priority for me. It makes sense to pick places where this can happen. Good luck tourney board with your tough decisions. I know you can't make everyone happy. Your efforts are appreciated. Doug
Your life consists of two dates and a dash, make the most of the dash!