Scare-D-Cats

HookedUp1

Scare-D-Cats

Post by HookedUp1 »

Come on ice fisherman, either you all are SCARE-D-CATS to go out into the cold weather, or your catching buckets of fish and NOT willing to share your success stories :evil: --cause I have not seen any reports on this forum :( :( :cry:

I know that Greg and Cody planned to go out onto the ice Monday - for I saw them at Casey's eating pizza and chugging down energy drinks :shock: :shock: ---or maybe they were just talking themselves out of going out into the cold & wind and just appearing like they were planning on fishing :? :roll:

So how about it any reports :?: :?: :?: :?:

Walt E.
ranger10

Re: Scare-D-Cats

Post by ranger10 »

I am planning on heading up to Clear Lake on Saturday. I have heard that people have been driving trucks out there already (still too early for me). Some reports of decent amounts of crappie on the south end.
Chase Freidig
Brad

Post by Brad »

Might see you on Clear Lake Ranger10. I'm taking the secretary up there and possibly jighead-two tomorrow as well. My truck will be parked in the parking lot as well!! :P

Good luck!

I'll post a report if there is anything to report! :lol:
obd6
Site Admin

Post by obd6 »

12-12-13 fishing 001.JPG
12-12-13 fishing 001.JPG (129.6 KiB) Viewed 3972 times
I would tell you where these came from, but rumor has it that my ice fishing partner is a good
shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blackeagle
Site Admin

Post by blackeagle »

Hey OBD, I didn't know you fished with Old Deadeye, "The Fisheye Guy".......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

He's the only guy I know that's a good shot..... :o :o :o :o :o
Of course I taught him everything he knows about shooting........ :o :o :o :o :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS Nice gills. :D :D :D :D :D

The Eagle
TONY TIGER

Post by TONY TIGER »

When and were is the fish fry :?: :?: :?: I would even cook them :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tiger
p s I know it wasn't Wingding he's to busy working :lol: :lol: :lol:
HookedUp1

Post by HookedUp1 »

OBD6, Looks like Brushy Creek Gills to me. -- Nice Bucket-O-Fish :P
Brad

Post by Brad »

The bus left for Clear Lake on Saturday morning carrying me, Jighead-Two, and the Secretary. We fished the small lake all day and drilled quite a few holes in a wide range of depths. No depth in particular seemed to be hot. Overall, the fishing was pretty slow, and the fish that made it to the surface were dinks. Yellow Bass, crappies, and one perch. They'd mostly show up in schools, but sometimes showed up alone or with a pal off the bottom. Tried various spoons and jigs. Guy at bait shop said minnows were the hot ticket-I fell for it. :shock:

Didn't catch a single fish on minnows/minnow heads-none of the fish were even big enough to eat one! :lol:

Ice was in really good shape. Probably 12-14 inches and there were a lot of trucks/cars out on it as well as a handful of permies.

Included pics to show how small they were. :)

We called it quits and went to the OP to salvage the day!

Pizza was great!
Attachments
SAM_1234 (400x300).jpg
SAM_1234 (400x300).jpg (61.34 KiB) Viewed 3927 times
SAM_1236 (400x300).jpg
SAM_1236 (400x300).jpg (73.69 KiB) Viewed 3927 times