Red Wing Weekend

jighead-two

Re: Red Wing Weekend

Post by jighead-two »

Hey guys. for those of you that didn't chicken out, have fun and have a safe trip. Please post some pictures to rub in our faces. ;)

Bill
Last edited by jighead-two on November 16th, 2014, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
jighead-two

Post by jighead-two »

Well, this morning when I got up is the first time I really felt comfortable, 100%, that I didn't make the trip. Hope you guys have a safe trip home.
Limit

Post by Limit »

Well I know a few of u r curious how the few brave souls fared this weekend up at Red Wing. Fishing for us was slow on Friday, but Zach and Greg were only one shy of their limit. After a debriefing session at the bowling ally Friday evening Zach and Greg filled us in on the program and we both had good days on Saturday, with us 2 shy of r limit and Zach and Greg with their full limit. We went out again Sunday morning for 3 hours and only caught 2 keepers. The weather was cold, but if u dressed for it it was fine. Saturday evening was pretty calm, but the boys cut loose Friday at the bowling ally. Little did the bowling ally know they were going to get free live singing entertainment, one club member payed for his dinner playing pool, and there was a sleep walker at the hotel who left their room without a key in their boxers to wonder the halls and hang out in the lobby! It was another fun weekend up at Red Wing and I can't wait to get back up there. Thanks Greg, Zach, and Ben for making the trip with me and making ut a fun weekend.

Kyle
Captain Crankbait

Post by Captain Crankbait »

It was an excellent weekend Kyle. I know Greg and I had fun. We know who the next lead singer of Wild Card should be!!! HA HA!! Ben and Kyle are two of the nicest guys you could hang around with. Can't wait until next year. Fishing was good, it was cold but not that bad. Roads were fine going home boat was a little slushy though. Thanks again guys for a fun weekend!!!! :D

Zach
HookedUp1

Post by HookedUp1 »

Sounds like no frost bite and the fish were somewhat cooperative. Glad to hear some fish were caught and you guys survived the weather. Was it a mixed bag of walleye and sauger? what was the size you were keeping? Was it a jigging bite?
I guess that will be stories for the next meeting :) .
dbonwell

Post by dbonwell »

I won't mention any names but I can guess who locked himself out. How was his snoring? Old tourney partners never change.... oops
Your life consists of two dates and a dash, make the most of the dash!
gregeye78

Post by gregeye78 »

Great time and great company. Was really looking forward to seeing every one and meeting the new members I have been seeing on the site, but apparently we are getting a little soft when it comes to braving the weather conditions :mrgreen: Fishing wasn't to bad compared to the conditions . Probably %10-%15 walleyes, rest were saugers. Our 2 day bag probably had 2 15-15.5" saugers and rest were mainly 16-18" saugers with a few 18-20".All we will say is the presentation had to be SLOW to get a decent bite of keeper fish.Hopefully I'll manage to make a club meeting soon. Formerly known as the snorer now the sleep walker.....Greg