Cedar Falls Cedar report

handline1

Cedar Falls Cedar report

Post by handline1 »

Guys,
After having the bad news about my outboard I needed a little time to think. Spent a few hours on the cedar and it was worth it.
Tryed a few spots downtown by the dam and got three Northern about 6 to 7 lbs, A smallmouth going 18.5 and three nice earter eyes.
Mover to the area around the 218 bridge and realy got into the eyes in the brush. Caught a mess of nice eyes right in the trees, had to get right on the biggest current breaks you could find. Fish the brightest colors you have in your box and fish slow. These fish we slammin the jigs! I lost count at 23 off of one giant seam.
Next spot was the Black Hawk creek bridge hole. Northerens were in there hot and heavy. Caught a pile of them up to 15 lbs. Got a nice mix of eyes up on shallow mud. You will need to fish them a little slower. Got most of those fish on a plain jig and minnow. I even got a few fish on a GULP minnow! Man they smoke the Gulp when you get it to drop off the seams just right. All total there was over 30 eyes, with one pushing 29 inches and full of eggs. I would guess her to be over 10 for sure. Yes she did come on a GULP minnow Terry.
I coundn't ask for a better few hours this morning, Kept six nice eyes for the pan and a couple of big Northern for the smoker.
Now is the time to get out there and catch some fish!
Later
MV

APRIL FOOLS You know damm well I don't fish Gulp! :lol:
centerpointglasseye

Re: Cedar Falls Cedar report

Post by centerpointglasseye »

if you caught that many fish and arent pulling an april fools joke about the WHOLE thing then look twoards the center point area from where ever you live and you will see a big monster. a big. jealous. monster. me. the centerpointglasseye monster. i found a good hole tonight after work by the mouth of a nice backwater while testing my freshly repaired motor. you can bet your bottom dollar ill be sitting there tomorrow morning at 5 am. maybe, hopefully, i can post results of a good fishing trip such as yours. well done!
best of luck on the water.
alex
thalweg87

Post by thalweg87 »

Matt, I am glad to see your annual fish slaying streak is still alive and well. :P
Dave Cook

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff
dbonwell

Post by dbonwell »

April Fools to you too!
Your life consists of two dates and a dash, make the most of the dash!
gregeye78

Post by gregeye78 »

sounds kinda fishy :roll:
wingding

Post by wingding »

Matt I am proud of you for only keeping 6 eyes. I know you wanted to keep 8! Thanks for "MANING UP".
Limit

Post by Limit »

LOL!!! I'm just glad my fishing partner didn't call after he read your April 1st report this year and convince me to paddle my kayak upstream to fish a current seam.

Kyle