batteries

gregeye78

batteries

Post by gregeye78 »

planning on purchasing new batteries(trolling&cranking)for boat this week.planning on buying optimas,i want good batteries.what is your opinions on optimas,i have only used in autos,are their boat batteries the best or does anyone have a better suggestion?thanks,greg
gregeye78

Re: batteries

Post by gregeye78 »

oops,wrong board..meant general discusion,but probably get more lookers in here though! :mrgreen:
Thunderstick

Post by Thunderstick »

My Optima never runs out and has great power. Going on year 3 with no problems so it's cost effective too.
thalweg87

Post by thalweg87 »

I have gone through the process of "figuring out" which battery to buy (Optima, Trojan, Walmart, etc) a couple of times. Each time I have looked, I have not been able to convince myself that Optimas, Trojans, etc are the way to go. I have always used Walmart batteries and have gotten a solid 4 years out of them. I use the Marine battery for starting the motor and running electronics and the deep cycle for the Tmotor. For the price difference, optimas would have to last about 8 years. Of course next time around I may change my mind. Below is a link to some more battery info.

http://www.windsun.com/Batteries/Batter ... 0Batteries
Dave Cook

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff
WALLEYE1

Post by WALLEYE1 »

It was the same thing for me trying to decide about spending all the money for Optima or not and I didn't and went with dependable Interstates which last me 4-5 yrs but they do require more maintenance.
Rooster, I'm all shot to pieces,well you asked for it.
jighead-two

Post by jighead-two »

I've always had good luck with Sears boat batteries
gregeye78

Post by gregeye78 »

thanks for your opinion guys,i did bite the bullet and order my d31m & d34m optimas today.did my reseach online,cabelas and local vendors.amazingly my best buy was actually at advanced auto parts here in cf.bought for $103 less than best internet price-$337 for pair which i thought was incredible .being an auto guy i am not a big supporter of that company but if you are loking for optimas they are the place to buy them.greg
HookedUp1

Post by HookedUp1 »

I have used Optima (Blue) bateries (2 for 24 volt system), for electronics and trolling motors --- have worked great and keeps charge. I do store them inside in the winter and throw a refresher chrarge on them once during the 3 months stored - usually they don't really need it. Bought them in Spring of 2007 this will be the fourth season for them.
HookedUp1

Post by HookedUp1 »

I bought My Optimas at Blains Farm & Fleet (CF)- was best price around, including internet pricing.