Strorm Lake Results

tahrens

Strorm Lake Results

Post by tahrens »

Eleven teams left the Marina Saturday at 7am. under a light fog that turned into a brisk south wind looking to catch a 5 fish limit of walleyes 15'' to under 17'' with one over 22'' allowed per angler. Pre- fishing was slow for most anglers with the drop in water temperature and clarity of 8 to 10 inches.

Seven teams brought fish to the scales with only 2 teams having a limit.
21 Walleyes were caught by 22 anglers for a total weight of 30.78lbs.
Al types of presentations were used with trolling crank baits being the most productive.

Results are posted under the Tournament Tab.( the top 5 as follows:)

1st. place Taylor and Connor Steffens 5/ 7.16lbs.
2nd. place Ben and Nick Baker 5/ 7.08lbs.
3rd. place Tim and Ben Ahrens 4/ 5.80lbs.
4th. place K.Colbert and A. Bentz 2/ 3.28lbs.
5th. place Jeremy &Tonya Geisler 2/ 2.90lbs.

Congratulations to the Steffens on there 1st. place finish. (Rumor has it this may have been there first time pulling cranks! Good Job!) Also Congrats. to the Bakers for a very close 2nd. place.

Thanks to Tournament board for helping with the weigh-in.
Jim Dengler, Mike Everding, Bob Stewart, Ben & Kyle.

Also a special thank you to the Club members that helped out with the kindergarten kids at George Wyth last Friday. I heard everything went well.

Tim
FireTiger

Re: Strorm Lake Results

Post by FireTiger »

Thanks to Tim for making everything run smoothly and everyone else that helped.
Only complaint is that you should have wiped all the water off the scale before Doug and Greg weighed for big fish :lol:
blackeagle
Site Admin

Post by blackeagle »

Hey Old Fisheye Here,

Not being there on scene at the weigh-in, :o :o :o :o I agree with Adam, (Firetiger) I would have filed a complaint with the Part-time Weigh Master. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you have a .002 oz. discrepancy, I think it's fairly close and you know that there was fish slime & water involved, there's a good chance that the Big Fish Winner's could be in question. :o :o :o :o :o

Not wanting to cause any trouble I would request a re-weigh-in of the Big Fish. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just Only cause I would not want to cause trouble. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Fisheye Just reporting truthful stories...............Maybe :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
dbonwell

Post by dbonwell »

If the truth be told I think we had less slime since we were one of the first teams weighing in. :D
Your life consists of two dates and a dash, make the most of the dash!