2015 Tournament Ideas

obd6
Site Admin

Re: 2015 Tournament Ideas

Post by obd6 »

I would like to see our 2 day fall river tournament return to Lansing.
Remember our former treasurer owns a motel there now.
Santa
Captain Crankbait

Post by Captain Crankbait »

Lansing is great most of the year, not very fun to catch grass all day in the fall. It started in September this year and I know it was still bad mid october, and don't see any reason it won't be the same next year. I fish one tournament a year, usually the two day one because I like the format, so doesn't really matter a ton to me. I like pools 9 through 11. The last 2 years grass hasn't been bad in 11 from September through mid-october. My opininion lake fishing sucks in Iowa, but there are guys in the club that can catch them and it is good to mix it up. This is a competition and for the most part what I have experienced in the few tournaments I have fished is that half of the field doesn't weigh any fish regardless of where the tournament is. The tournament board will do a good job, and someone will still not be happy.

Zach
wingding

Post by wingding »

I hope the board will lean twords river events. Fall 2 dayer back at pool 9. I guess the object is to get as many teams to sign on as possible. Like Doug says--can't please everyone. Looking forward to a great line up next year. Good luck tourny board. Jim
LUV2FSH

Post by LUV2FSH »

Rathbun might be worth consideration for late June, early July. The action usually heats up when the temps go up.
Brian Wells
Bondurant Iowa
walliseeu

Post by walliseeu »

To me seems like 3 on the river is a gods plenty. Brushy creek has some of the biggest eyes in the state. According to DNR. I'd like to try there again. I myself like fishing different bodies of water that I have never fished. I'm in it to learn more about walleye fishing. The informal weigh ins are nice but it would also be nice if the 1 st 2 nd and 3 rd place people would take a moment or two to say how they got their fish.

In closing my top choices for places to fish
Early river
April Macbride
Late May brushy creek
Fall River and clear lake