devils lake

walleyeaddiction

devils lake

Post by walleyeaddiction »

Thinking about making the trip out to devils July 2 to the 5th to chase some eyes. I have not fished there yet. was hoping someone could give me some pointers on what areas to look for and best technique for this time of year??????? Thanks
ranger10

Re: devils lake

Post by ranger10 »

It really depends on how you want to fish. I tend to pitch jigs/cranks at weedlines until I find a pocket of fish. Then I bobber fish that pocket for maybe 10 mins. If the bite is not fast and furious on the bobbers I switch back to pitching and just keep working that shoreline. You will be able to catch fish from 4 to 36 FOW. They are everywhere. There are guys getting fish trolling cranks in that deeper water and pulling bottom bouncers in 12-15 FOW. As for specific locations, I tend to fish the main and west bay areas. I also spend a lot of time in Pelican Lake in the NW corner. I will be up there June 28th through the 7th so if you want I can meet you at one of the bait shops and circle some spots on a map that could help you get started.
Chase Freidig
walleyeaddiction

Thanks a bunch Chase! where would u recommend for the best place to stay? Dose not need to be fancy.
ranger10

Post by ranger10 »

If you plan on using different ramps each day your cheapest bet is to stay in town at a motel. Davis Motel just off of Hwy 2 heading West out of town is pretty cheap and has good boat parking. Otherwise the Great American INN that is on Hwy 2 when you come into town from the east. They have decent rooms and a restaurant, pool, and good boat parking. Cheapest resort is probably going to be Lakeview Lodge.
Chase Freidig
walleyeaddiction

would you shoot me a text at 6413309276 so i have your number to get a hold of you the day before i get there.
thanks, Ben
Smoke'n Al

Post by Smoke'n Al »

Chase,
Back in '01 at a PWT we were trolling #7 Shad Raps by a blacktop road by some riprap and doing good. Also, (many will get a laugh out of this) we were pitching jigs & minnows onto the doorsteps of a flooded farm house. Was a large Harvestor silo and Deere combine about half under water.
I couldn't find these spots but they were producing nice eaters but not tournament winners..
Alan