Bellevue Tournament

Limit

Bellevue Tournament

Post by Limit »

There have been some concerns about the river level for the upcoming Bellevue tournament. The river is high, but that is no surprise for any spring river event. Currently the level is 16.9' and cresting at Bellevue, with flood stage at 17'. The chart projections have the level around 15.5' on Friday before the tournament. The ramp is operational and we are still planning on having the tournament unless there is a major change in the river level. As with any tournament be safe and have fun.

Kyle, CVWC Tournament Committee
wingding

Re: Bellevue Tournament

Post by wingding »

Looking forward to the tourny. High water is fishable if you go looking. Just watch out for sunken boyes. They hurt. Hope we have a good turn out. wingding.
obd6
Site Admin

Post by obd6 »

Thanks for the info Kyle.
No wise cracks from me, hope you get your boat problems solved.
dbonwell

Post by dbonwell »

Current water levels. FYI
Attachments
blvi4_hg[1].png
blvi4_hg[1].png (18.47 KiB) Viewed 5414 times
Your life consists of two dates and a dash, make the most of the dash!
Camodog

Post by Camodog »

I love fishing as much as anybody...don't get me wrong but 16.5 foot in Bellevue and 100,00 CFM+ is not safe...I have fished the river my whole life and the only troubles, (knock on wood) that I have had is when the water is high and wild.....The river is a wild dangerous thing when it is normal flow. I know that most of us our safety conscious and think we know the rivers ins and outs...It is not so much the high water, but the flow is what gets people...nuf said,( i would always like to err on the side of caution.....)
dbonwell

Post by dbonwell »

The WAT tournament on Sunday is still a go. I've never fished the pool and don't know what it takes to be too dangerous?? I'll be there on Friday prefishing.
Camodog

Post by Camodog »

Sorry for the bad info...I meant 165,000+ CFM
wingding

Post by wingding »

O.K. high water is tough. novic fisherman as we are in cvwc we'll execute all caution. Fishing will be hard but the best anglers will come up with some fish. Good luck guys. Be slow and safe. If tourny is canceled would like to see a fall river tourny along with the ones we got schedualed. jd.
Camodog

Post by Camodog »

Just in case anyone wonders who camodog is, Tom Schmitt here....Not trying to scare anyone about the river but I am willing to bet NOT many of us have had a lot of experience in 165,000 CFM, much less, (I am guessing), in a pool that most do not have a lot of experience on...Me included, I know on Pool 9 when its 120,000 its ripping, and I have seen bad things happen to good, well intentioned people..

If it is decided to fish, lets do it, I love fishing the Mississippi, but safety is critical...I am sure our tournament director can attest to high water river fishing dangers..

Glad everything turned out OK Kyle, except a little lighter in the pocketbook, boats can be fixed, it could have been a lot worse.....
dbonwell

Post by dbonwell »

Update: Looks like it's going down for the weekend
http://water.weather.gov/resources/h.yd ... vi4_hg.png
blvi4_hg[1].png
blvi4_hg[1].png (18.54 KiB) Viewed 5336 times