Ideas for tips & tactics for May 5th Meeting

ranger10

Ideas for tips & tactics for May 5th Meeting

Post by ranger10 »

I am looking for ideas for what people would want to hear about at our meetings. I am not sure of a good way to bring in a depth finder and show things on a 9 inch touch screen. It will be extremely difficult for people to see. However, I can bring one in for people to play with after the meeting.

Is anyone interested in mapping? I have done a little over the past couple of years and there are a lot of new features with Lowrance Insight Genesis.

Is there a need for me to explain how to network/rig up units? It seems like everyone does things differently.

Any comments are welcome. I am just trying to get a few ideas of what people want/don't want to hear so I am not explaining something that everyone already knows or has no interest in. I will try to keep everything as general as possible so that it can apply to other depth finder brands also.
Chase Freidig
jighead-two

Re: Ideas for tips & tactics for May 5th Meeting

Post by jighead-two »

All the above sounds good. Maybe structure scan and skimmer placement?
thalweg87

Post by thalweg87 »

Here are some thoughts for you:

Live Demo - you may be able to hook a video camera to a projector for the demo. There is a projector screen in the room.

Mapping - mapping options/detail. Now that Lake Master is no longer available for Lowrance products, how do the Lowrance options compare in detail, coverage, etc. What is the difference between the various "levels" - Genesis, Lake Insight HD, Lake Insight Pro, etc.

Networking - some may be interested in understanding how to network units together using both Lowrance Net and Enet and what data can be shared. For example, I have my bow unit hooked up to the console unit to provide depth at the other location. This way if I am drifting an edge I can see the depth at the back of the boat without continually asking the guy at the back of the boat. Also, I hooked up the Lowrance fuel flow meter. This allows me to fine tune speed, trim, etc to maximize fuel economy ( I also do not have to rely on the boat fuel gauge to know how much fuel I have left). I have probably already saved enough gas to pay for the flow sensor. I also have all GPSs networked together, this way if one of the GPSs happens to fail, I can route GPS from one of the other units. What types of other data can be Lowrance Net (waypoints, simultaneous brightness control of all units, etc). I have one HDS unit and a couple of older units so I cannot share sonar "video" between units but some may be interested in hearing how to use Enet to share this info between HDS units.
Dave Cook

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff
ranger10

Post by ranger10 »

Dave, do you know if there is a projector there? I have seen the screen but I have not noticed a projector.
Chase Freidig
wingding

Post by wingding »

Dave what a itinerary you have for Chase. I'd be willing to listen and learn all the above old or new. Think you hit a nerve here. Book Chase for a half hour seminar at the next couple of meetings. Thank for sharing Chase and will be looking forward to your presentation. Jim
thalweg87

Post by thalweg87 »

Chase - If I recall correctly Walt Ertz let me borrow one in the past - if you ask nice, maybe he will "volunteer". The last I knew they did not have one at the facility - you could call and ask in case they now have one.

Jim - I know it is unusual for me to express an opinion but I thought I would give it a shot for a change. :)
Dave Cook

"The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" Lee Wulff
blackeagle
Site Admin

Post by blackeagle »

Hey Dave,
It sure is great to have you back on board again.
An thanks again for the help this past weekend getting my cover on.

It's just great to have you back. Now we have to work on Old Matt....The Hotdog Man...

Thanks Again
The Eagle
HookedUp1

Post by HookedUp1 »

Chase,
If you want I'll see if I can locate our projector. I would need to know what type of connector you would need to make sure the projector would work for you. Would you be using a laptop, or some other computor for the demo or would you use the locator directly?
Let me know.
Walt E. three-one-nine 553-0273 office #

Dave great input I too am glad you are back, you always have some interesting ideas :)
ranger10

Post by ranger10 »

Walt, I will be using my laptop. It has a HDMI and the standard monitor output connector (not really sure what it is called but it is for the blue plugs with the thumb screws on it).
Chase Freidig
HookedUp1

Post by HookedUp1 »

Chase, I think I can get you covered. I'll let you know for sure

Walt E.