January Trout Stocking North Prairie Lake

dbonwell

January Trout Stocking North Prairie Lake

Post by dbonwell »

Congratulations to all the Cedar Valley Walleye club members and it's sponsors! What a great turnout. Approximately over 300 people showed up and over 110 kids got prizes for bringing a fish in. The DNR brought in over 1600 trout for the taking. If you missed it, check out channel 7 news.
Your life consists of two dates and a dash, make the most of the dash!
dbonwell

Re: January Trout Stocking North Prairie Lake

Post by dbonwell »

Here's the link if you missed it on the news. Copy the link and put it in your browser to run.

http://www.kwwl.com/global/video/popup/ ... &h1=Family Fishing Day&flvUri=&partnerclipid=
Your life consists of two dates and a dash, make the most of the dash!
HookedUp1

Post by HookedUp1 »

The kids certainly had a great time especially when the stocking tube broke and fish were scttered on the ice. It was fun to see the kids chase the fish down with their hands and place the trout back into the water.
Broken_tube_fish_everywhere_3.jpg
Broken_tube_fish_everywhere_3.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 2521 times
handline1

Post by handline1 »

We need to have the tube break every year, my girls talked about the fish on top of the ice for hours. My girls are hooked on ice fishing now, Lauren and I had to go back out on Sunday and try are luck again. We did more sleding then fishing but she had to go see if she could catch just one more.
I think the smiles on all of the kids faces said "Thank you" to all of the people who helped put this event on.
M.V.