Mille Lacs Report

Limit

Mille Lacs Report

Post by Limit »

Well I know everyone is waiting to hear how the CVWC boys did on Mille Lacs this last weekend and I'm surprised the Phantom hasn't posted anything about the late fishing report! Just joking!!! The walleye fishing on Mille Lacs was tough for us, but the fish we did catch were quality. Fish #1 was at 2:30am Saturday morning and I was the only one able to walk over to the rattle reel without falling over and I pulled up a skinny 24.5" eye. Fish #2 was at 7:25pm Saturday evening and Mitch "Scoop" Thompson being the closest pulled up a 22" eye. Fish #3 came shortly after at 7:35pm and Dave "Crown Royal" Merron was able to get off his chair in time to bring in the nicest fish of the trip a 25" eye. Fish #4 was at 11:30pm Saturday night and Dave "Old Mill Light" Asche was the only one awake to bring in our final fish of the trip, a 20" eye. All eyes came on rattle reels and we missed about 5 bites.

Although the walleye fishing was tough, boy did we have a good time. For most of us it was our first trip sleeping on the ice and the sleepers at Mac's Twin Bay were first class. Very clean, inside toilet, tv with antenna and dvd, battery power (no generator needed), and 10 holes for our rattle reels and jigging rods. Friday was a high of 0 so we decided to stay in the sleeper all day and night and made sure we were plenty hydrated, but it sure didn't feel that way Saturday morning. We made sure we had at least a couple guys on all night watch in case the walleyes wanted a late night snack and one of us did such a good job on night watch that he stayed in bed ALL day on Saturday!
A couple of us went crappie fishing on Saturday on a local lake and were able to put some 10"-14" craps on the ice thanks to the guide service of Mitch "Scoop" Thompson.

It was a safe and fun trip and if you haven't stayed on the ice and before you need to give it a try!

Kyle
WALLEYE1

Re: Mille Lacs Report

Post by WALLEYE1 »

We did that one time and there was no inside toilet, yuk. There was puke beside every ice house and we didn't catch anything but huge stinking tulabees or whitefish. Good report Kyle.
Rooster, I'm all shot to pieces,well you asked for it.