Guttenberg Tournament

Limit

Guttenberg Tournament

Post by Limit »

Due to rising water we MAY have to switch locations for the March 28th Guttenberg tournament. Talked to Steve Hansen from the DNR office in Guttenberg and he said the municipal ramp will get shut down at river levels between 12-14 ft. Right now the river is at 11.75ft, forcasted to rise to 13.2ft by 3/27. We will keep our eye on the river level, the tournament board is meeting on Sunday evening (3/21), and a final decision will be made then.

Repeat!!! THE MARCH 28TH TOURNAMENT IS STILL SCHEDULED ON POOL 11, LAUNCHING OUT OF THE GUTTENBERG MUNICIPAL BOAT LANDING.

If we decide to change locations all entered anglers will be contacted via phone and we will post it on the Tournament Section of the forum. Please check back next Monday (3/22) to see what is going on.

If you would like, please post a reply to where you think the tournament should be moved to, if we have to go that route. Take into consideration the river level and ramp access.

Kyle Colbert, CVWC Tournament Director
FireTiger

Re: Guttenberg Tournament

Post by FireTiger »

Since we have advertised the Tourney at Guttenberg I think we should try to keep it there if possible. Launch the boats from the higher ramp, which may take a little longer because I believe there is only one. Just might mean the tourney gets started a few minutes later which I do not think is a big deal, likely to be dark anyway. If people are patient and work together we can make it happen. River is going to be high at all pools anyway. Just my 2 cents which is only worth about about a penny. FT