Clear Lake

Limit

Clear Lake

Post by Limit »

I'm up at Clear Lake with the kids for a little Father's Day fishing trip. Enough action for the kids with small eyes, yellows, perch, & crappie. We have been trolling spinners with crawlers and phelps floaters with leeches with no fish preference. This is my go to tactic with the kids because it catches fish, able to use spinning gear which is easier for the kids, and the autopilot drives the boat while I'm baiting hooks, acting as waiter, and breaking up fights. No eyes in Little Lake! This evening we are going to slip bobber some rock and tomorrow speed up with cranks. Water temp is 72.

Kyle, Chance, & Croy

P.S. Croy is named after St. Croix Rods just changed the spelling to make it easier and we are not Native American. St. Croix better give me a nice sponsorship when I learn how to catch walleyes!
Brad

Re: Clear Lake

Post by Brad »

Kyle,

How'd the evening go? Sounds like a good time!
Limit

Re: Clear Lake

Post by Limit »

Evening bobber bite was awesome! Lots of action and some nice fish! We fished Ron's Rock Reef. Don't go get your maps because you won't find it on any map or lake chip, you need side-imaging to find the small rock reef, but if you find it the fish are there.

Kyle