Local fishing

obd6
Site Admin

Local fishing

Post by obd6 »

Well guys it is a great time of year to get the boat out and wipe off the fishing gear.
Most of the local ramps on the river are ice free and very accessible.
The river is gin clear, the fish are not always cooperating,but thats why they call
it fishing and not catching.
Now that you have your boat out and all your gear cleaned up and have been out to
see the crystal clear waters and watch the eagles soar above the cedar.You should
be in the mood to sign up for a great trip to Lake of The Woods. I have been there
3 years in a row and would not pass it up for anything. Cost figures out to be about
60 dollars a day, that is not bad for food and lodging. So much for the sales pitch,
remember Walt would like to know by this meeting in March.

The best fishing trip we"ll ever take is the next one.
HookedUp1

Re: Local fishing

Post by HookedUp1 »

OBD6 you're right the Cedar is Crystal Clear - can't wait to get the rusty red Lund out for some early Walleyey fishing :P
You're also right on the Lake of the Woods Fishing trip in June. The best trip for the money. Good accomodations, great bunch of guys and of course great walleye fishing. Alot of 22"-28" fish caught over the last few years. :D
If anyone who is interested in going but does not have a boat or needs a partner, please contact me and I'll see what I can arrange. ;)

Walt E.
day time -277-0436 night 266-3952

Check out the resort's website - click on the sponsor tab of our website.