Cedar river in waterloo

marktx6821

Cedar river in waterloo

Post by marktx6821 »

First time posting here. I see not many reports. For the last month has been hit and miss on the walleye but the small mouth and pike keep it interesting. Mainly been fishing with jigs on the edge of the current. Last Sunday caught 11 walleye all from the bank. All small males to 18 and one female at 7lbs. All fish caught downstream of the 6th street spillway. Few are being caught at the spillway but still hit and miss. Pike are hanging in the banks right now so plenty of those to catch plus the occasional foul hooked carp to keep it interesting. Good luck they are moving up and feeding now.
marktx6821

Re: Cedar river in waterloo

Post by marktx6821 »

More of the same all small males. 6th st is full of them right now. Total was 14 there today all but one was on minnows. Only one on a jig. My dad was with me today and he mainly uses minnows. A lot of people there today but only ones caught were on minnows didn't see anyone else catch anything. Tried below 11 the in a hole between the bridges but only 1 walleye and 2 small mouth. Those three on jigs. Fish are there just small. Largest was about 17 inches. Seems all they want right now is live bait. Good luck if you try. Hopefully others will comment in these reports or start their own so everyone can enjoy catching some walleye if they are new to it or dont know where to go. Also I don't keep them all are released.
jighead-two

Post by jighead-two »

Thanks for the reports, been too busy to get out. Glad someone's catching them!
marktx6821

Post by marktx6821 »

Fishing has slowed down not many over the last week. Guess they moved or just not biting. Has anyone had any luck below cedar galls dam? Was thinking by the r/r bridge but haven't fished for them much up there and where to look for them. First year that I've fished the spawn for them. Will they be in fast current or the slack water. Last month caught them in both. Any help would be appreciated
marktx6821

Post by marktx6821 »

128 views and one reply guess that's why none post on this board. Thought I would try and start some reports to get things started but I guess most are very tight lipped if they are even catching any or not. Maybe just not very many active members in here or just guests viewing.Well more of the same in the Cedar seems minnows and crawlers working best right now. All species in the shallows even the crappie with the high water. Mainly still small male walleye being caught. Basically all over both towns right now. Take care probably be last report since I'm moving and will only be back once a year after this weekend
jighead-two

Post by jighead-two »

Haven't been out much, a few smallmouth on flicker Shad that's about it. Appreciate your reports and your efforts. A lot of guys are in their golden years and don't get out like they used to.
obd6
Site Admin

Post by obd6 »

If you are as bank fisherman, I have heard from a couple of guys that the Cedar at C57 has been good. I went out there Wednesday evening, did not fish but ran into pat wagner and he was carrying out a nice walleye and northern. Black and purple hair jig.