Old Fisheye News Report. Ref. Bob Stewart

Old Fisheye

Old Fisheye News Report. Ref. Bob Stewart

Post by Old Fisheye »

Hey Old Fisheye Here,

I'm posting this Writing by Kyle Colbert for those who don't follow our Facebook Site. Great Reading I must say. Thank You Kyle.

I wrote this for Bob and his family and thought a few of you guys would like to read it. I feel the same for many of you and I miss our times together. I truly cherish our friendships and love you guys!
"I, as with many family & friends, are hurting from the loss of such a GREAT man!!! Bob was a friend and mentor for me since our first meeting. Our passion for fishing brought us together and my tremendous respect and him and our friendship will continue throughout my lifetime. Although I moved away from the Cedar Valley a few years back and did not get to see Bob regularly at our CVWC meetings/events, we still kept in touch. Bob would contact me each spring hoping to get up to my new home, Lake Vermilion, for a fishing trip and I would not hesitate to ask Bob for advise I felt he would have for me in my times of need.
I will always remember Bob for is ease of pace in life, which is an area I lack, and try to get better at each day. His intelligence on about every matter of life, humor, soft spoken but meaningful conversations, Bob driving a sharp looking black Ford truck with Jenny riding shotgun, & mostly our mutual passion for fishing walleyes on Ontario's Lac Seul. Bob introduced me to the southwest basins of Lac Seul near Manitoba Point on a fishing trip we took together and that is wear part of my ashes will be spread at the end of my lifetime. It is heaven on earth for both of us and each time I'm able to return to those hallowed fishing grounds I will think of my great friend, Bob Stewart, knowing Bob will be there with me in spirit!
Jenny & Shannon I'm truly sorry for your loss and please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance.
Bob, I love you and will never forget you!
Your dear friend, Kyle Colbert"
tahrens

Re: Old Fisheye News Report. Ref. Bob Stewart

Post by tahrens »

Thanks for sharing Terry, Bob was a great guy and will truly be missed by all.