Grilled salmon/trout

Brad

Grilled salmon/trout

Post by Brad »

Here's a simple recipe for great salmon or trout on the grill. It's impossible to screw up!

Rinse fillet, then pat dry with paper towels. Rub brown sugar over fillet, and set a few slices of butter on top of it. Grill with skin side down on high until done. (Roughly 10 minutes if thin, longer if thicker fillet) Do not need to flip. Edges of fillet should be caramel brown when finished grilling. Hope you enjoy!
Attachments
Rainbow trout with bacon wrapped asparagus
Rainbow trout with bacon wrapped asparagus
SAM_0597 (650x488).jpg (233.35 KiB) Viewed 5067 times
HookedUp1

Re: Grilled salmon/trout

Post by HookedUp1 »

Brad, Looks delicious -- I am not a big trout lover :? but I'm willing to try something that looks this good. :P
Did you cook the bacon wrapped asparagus on the grill as well? how long did that take?

Thanks for sharing
Brad

Post by Brad »

Thanks Walt. :)

Yes, the asparagus was on the grill as well. I put them on the top rack about 15 minutes before the trout, then turned them over at about the same time I put the trout on. So, total cooking time was about 25 min or so. They were good off the grill, but ate some leftovers today at lunch and they might have even been a little better! :P
jighead-two

Post by jighead-two »

Tried it last night with store bought trout and it was EXCELLENT. I did have a slight problem removing the trout from the grill, but that should be an easy fix. I had everything pictured except for the Rapala coaster :lol: