Requesting 2020 Tounament locations and Dates

tahrens

Requesting 2020 Tounament locations and Dates

Post by tahrens »

We are in the planning stages for next years tournament schedule and would like as much input as we can get. We try not to have events that conflict with other circuits. We also try to fish locations and dates that potentially have a good bite going on. Do you like our current catch and release format or would you like to see C.R.R. (Catch, Record, Release) or a combination of both? There has been some input on the General Discussion page. please post on either page.

We will be holding our Club Executive and Tournament Board elections at the March meeting. They are for a two year term, all positions are open.(12 Executive and 7 Tournament) Nominations will take place during the January and February meetings. We welcome new voices and ideas.

Thanks, Tim
TaylorSteffens

Re: Requesting 2020 Tounament locations and Dates

Post by TaylorSteffens »

My opinion: the early tournament in March almost always has bad weather and/or high water. The October tournament in Lansing has had so much grass that it's almost impossible to fish the main channel. I'd like to see river tournaments in April, May, June, and September. Those seem to be a little more consistent. I really liked the 2 days at Pepin last year. It has been a good bite for a number of years now and some of the club teams have started to figure out that area. I wouldn't mind looking into CRR formats for June/ early July. I'd like to see something like this: April 25 at Guttenberg, May 30 at Coralville, June 13-14 at Pepin, September 12 at Dubuque/Clinton, October 3-4 at Prairie.